Painting classes at ArtWorks are fun and energizing, and are for people of all experience levels.
Come learn this distinctive, powerful hand often described as Gothic, Halloween or Christmas lettering.
Dates: Sept 27, Oct 4, 11, 25, Nov 1, 8, 2019, No Class on October 18, 2019
Times: Friday’s 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cost: $75 / 6 sessions
Materials Fee: $5, to be paid directly to instructor in class
Minimum Students: 6
Maximum Students: 15
Instructor: Brigitte Hefferan
You have seen this distinctive powerful hand, often described as Gothic, Halloween or Christmas lettering. The closely spaced vertical strokes of Blackletter produce a wonderful textured effect. After learning the basics, we will use different tools (broad edged nibs, pointed nibs, a parallel pen) and create variations. Great for beginners and all levels. Supply list at registration.
Materials Fee Includes:
Includes handouts, inks & papers
Bring to Class:
- Pen holder
- Broad edged nibs – Mitchell #1,2,3 or Speedball equivalents
- Oblique pen holder and favorite pointed nib (ex. Brause EF66)
- Ink – Moonpalace sumi or black gouache, ruler, pencil, eraser, bonefolder,
- 1/8″ grid paper (Gilbert bond)
- I will have supplies to share